The good guys always win..... In the movies

So my daughter is watching a movie and its hitting the obligatory thrilling end. She says "it's ok, the good guys always win"

It reminded me of when Terry Pratchett explained in the Hogfather that We need our children to believe in the little lies, like the tooth fairy and Santa. That way when they grow up they can believe in the bigger lies like justice and mercy. We need to believe to make life more bearable.

I felt so sorry for her. One day shes going to figure out that its all a lie. All of it.

2 days ago I watched a woman scam thousands of people (over 5,000 according to the facebook page) out of money, presents and other gifts by accusing a school of allowing her child to be mercilessly bullied. This same woman has been lying and scamming people for years. She has left a trail of saddened, disillusioned people in her wake. Despite those people standing up and warning people she still received an unknown sum of money and presents, people showed up and did things for her child for free. The school meanwhile is in the middle of the situation. Unable to speak out to maintain privacy of the child.

7 months ago my wife died. She was healing from her cancer but the hospital decided she was dying. They refused to look at the evidence. All they had to do was keep her going. Just for a while longer. Her body would have taken over the healing process. She just needed them to help her for another 2 months. The Drs get to go home to their lives, their families, believing they did their jobs. I'm left here alone. Looking after my daughter. I'm coping. But not all that well right now. I hope the sadness will end one day.




No comments:

Post a Comment