History is littered with the remains of those who took on the system.

Edward Snowden told the world about what was going on. He will never be allowed to go home. The system hasn't changed.

Juilian Assange told the world about what was going on. Hes stuck in limbo in a building. The system hasn't changed.

A search on google for whistleblowers is littered with people who did the right thing and pay dearly. we have headlines like "NHS whistleblowers struggling to find work after exposing failures"

So many people know things are wrong. But if you try and talk about it you are shot down. You get no where, in fact it will cost you dearly.

I once got ripped off by a company. I refused to pay for their faulty product and had them take it back. 5 years later I found they had lodged a bad debt in my name. I confronted them about it. The owner said to me "take it to court, but I am a justice of the peace and you aren't. Who are they going to believe"? In the end I paid for a faulty product that I didn't even have.

The hospital killed my wife. Her tumors were shrinking. She was getting better. I have medical evidence and witnesses to show that. The system let her down. After 8 months of fighting with the system it has come down to a doctor saying they did everything right. It is his medical opinion against my medical opinion. Guess who will be believed?

I can take this to the world. There are journalists waiting to meet with me. I can be a whistleblower about how they are killing patients by failing to properly deal with infections, and check their hydration levels among other things. I can shout that I know how to cure cancer.

But it won't help me. Or my daughter. I doubt it would help others. Nothing will change. So here I sit dear readers. Broken. I have lost to the system. I cannot win. I'm sorry.

A few lines from a Sharon O'Neil song is playing in my mind.

Maxine, you're not the only one
To take the whole world on
But no one's ever won


No comments:

Post a Comment