Ever have one of those days that's so bad its almost comedic.
I managed to be up early for a change. Which was good. There was a knock on the door about 8:30am
My new 2nd hand hot water cylinder has arrived!!!!
So my really cool installer guy who is doing it for free sets about installing it. Of course there's no water while its being done. I get back to my breakfast and answering my morning emails. I nip up the back for a quick play with the barky. He's finally learning that fetching is a good idea.
Then.... My stomach has a complain. Hmmm. ok. lets just see if its an in passing complain. Nope. Its not. Bugger. OK. Off to the toilet. theres enough for 1 flush..... The toilet was leaking a little. Oh well. Most of it flushed down. Take immodium. My stomach is sounding like the deck of an old sailing ship. There's a lot of creaking going on.
I nip around the corner to a friends place for a couple hrs till the creaking and the cramping stops.
Back home to find the cylinder replacement isn't going so well. Mainly the fact that the mains coming into the house has corroded and the bumping has made it split. Anyway, to cut a long story short there's a whacking great hole in the side of the house and I have no water.
Its late and its cold and I can't shower.
I'm sure I'll look back on all this one day and lauuuugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment