Moments. So
many moments in our lives.
We greet
our new pet, who becomes our lifelong companion
We hold
them as we say goodbye
Sometimes
we do the same with friends and lovers.
We watch a
butterfly on a summer afternoon.
Someone
abuses us when we know it should not happen.
We taste a
new food for the first time, sometimes good, sometimes bad.
We watch
the rain on a lazy afternoon with a cup of something in our hands.
We
experience pain so harsh we think we may die, or we wish we could.
All
moments. Those moments become a part of us, a part of who we are.
Those
moments, they really do define us. Let me tell you something though, we get to
choose something. We get to choose what we do with those moments. It’s the
greatest gift we have, the choice on what we make of those moments.
Life is an
easier path for some it’s true. Sometimes I wish mine was. But I know I still
have a choice. I can choose to be who I have become. I have some regrets in my
life, I’m sure we all do. But I still think at the end of it all. I can look
back on my life and say that overall, I took all of those moments and I did the
best I could with them.
I am me.
No comments:
Post a Comment