shattered woman unlovable

 

We get things programmed into us. Even when it seems obvious it’s wrong, your programming tells you it’s not.

I spent 40 years being told I was stupid, that my ability to write was nothing more than basic. That I would never amount to anything much because I was too dumb. When I won an award for my work in IT, with my face on the cover of a magazine I put it down to being a sales gimmick, even with 187,000 followers on my page I feel like a fraud. No matter what people say, I sometimes feel fake. When you think you are unlovable because you were told that for years, I understand why you think that and no matter what I say will change it. Not at first anyway. But you see, this is why I have patience with a shattered woman. I understand, what has happened has been set in to you so deeply it stays. Maybe after years of being loved every day, maybe we can change that a little for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment