Just me

I'm 45 years old. I have seen and experienced more than I cared to. I have had to farewell too many loved ones. Felt too much heart ache, been hurt too many times. I've been beat up, bullied insulted, threatened, made fun of. I've had money but more often I've been poor. I've lost a child, a wife, a mother. I've experienced injustice. I know all too well what sleepless lonely nights in an empty bed feels like. I have cried. I have begged the universe to kill me.
.
But guess what? I'm still kind. I have helped people even when others have demanded I leave them. I have gone without to give to people. I have used my meager money to buy groceries for people who had less than me.
.
And although I am careful who I help because I have so little to give anymore. I'm telling you. I'll still do it. I don't believe in karma. It's cool if you do. I'm not wanting rewards in the next life.
.
I do it because it's the right thing to do. I can't save the world. I know that. But I can help a few people have a better time in it.
.
So, here I am. Some random guy. Sitting here alone on his bed. I cannot fix your world. I'm sorry. I truly wish I could. But I do hope, genuinely hope today is going to be a better day than yesterday for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment