Where do I
start? It’s always a difficult issue.
I am a Straight
White Man in my 50s.
I’m not a
perfect person, I have done sketchy things in my life.
But I am
sick of this Men are abusive. White men are even more abusive. And its ALL men.
And if you
ever try to argue then you get vilified. How dare you say its not ALL men.
I don’t
tell people what I do, I’m not after glory, it’s just me doing the right
things.
Have I raced
across town in the early hours to pluck young girls who are standing on the side
of the road, lost and not knowing what to do? More than once.
Have I
talked people who were thinking maybe it was time to end their marriage into
staying? Yup. Have I talked them into leaving when I could see it was poisoning
them? Yup.
Have I opened
up my home to women who were literally homeless with nowhere else? Plenty of
times.
Talked
women out of suicide a few times (that scares me most but I’ll still do it)
I now face
my own issues. My body is failing. My organs are failing. It’s getting to my
brain now. I’m losing function. I can hide it for now. But soon I won’t be able
to.
And I’m so
alone.
Men are
tough, when we finally ask for help, it’s expected of us to be tough. So we are
tough alone.
I don’t
know what I’m trying to say. I don’t think I have a real point to this.
Rantings of
a lonely old man I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment