I'm not brave

 

I keep getting told you are brave, you are brave for surviving all you went through. I never felt brave. All I did was what I had to do. Yeah, I wanted to close down and stop when my wife died. But that wasn’t on the things I could do list. My finances were exhausted. Everything was gone, shit, 7 years later I’m still in credit card debt. So, I had no choice, I picked myself up and I kept going. She was gone but I still had a daughter. Sure, I spent a few nights drunk to get a reprieve from everything in my head screaming at me, but I didn’t stop (Side note, I haven’t touched alcohol for 3 years now), but it wasn’t bravery, it was a lack of choice, I wanted to just not exist but we have to be there for others, and life keeps going around us, it never stops.

“You gotta do what you gotta do,” simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment