A win

 

I am a sucker for the down and out, and one for trying against all odds, sure I fail a lot but sometimes you strike a win.

I was out walking Mr Barkington this morning. When I spied a bird in the gutter, it was cold and raining, I’m not sure what had happened. Then I noticed, it was still breathing.

I picked the bird up and carried it home. I got a rag and placed it on the heater to get some heat into it and dry it out. Once I managed that, I got an old bird cage I had here and placed the bird in there and put a cover over the top. I really didn’t think it was going to survive. But, as I said, I try, just in case I score a win. After an hour I had to head out for the day. I put a cover over the cage and left it in a warm house, at least it would die comfortably.

I got home, looked in the cage to find a very alive bird who was rather annoyed at being in a cage. It was just on dark and I would have preferred it stay inside until morning but this thing was not impressed at being in a cage. So, I took it outside, opened the door and it flew into a tree.

Sometimes, if someone gives a shit and gives a nudge in the right direction survival can happen. Against the odds, it really can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment