I am weary, a fatigue that goes beyond mere tiredness. I
would love to offer the answers to life, but I have nothing to really give. I
know that I have given and received both kindness and harsh words. I prefer
kindness, always. But sometimes life, it can be harsh and we have to give it
and take it. Again, I don’t know why, it’s just how it is. I’m just some old guy
who once loved and was loved. The world has broken me in so many ways. I don’t
know how to stop, I simply get up, over and over. A stubborn old fool who doesn’t
know when to stay down. Been doing this for close on half a century. Still
getting up. I guess after all this, I have learned a few things. I never fit in
with people. Always a bit of an outcast, It gave me an ability to watch life
from the outside, an observer. Humans are an odd species, they crave peace but try
to achieve it by fighting. We love our sanctuaries of peace, we create them,
revel in them yet strive to go and fight every day. Is this simply humans? Are
we doomed to be a paradox for eternity? Or are we balanced on a precipice and we
are soon a doomed species anyway. In the scheme of the universe we arrive and disappear
again in the blink of an eye. Nothing more than a curious, brief blip. Would it
be such a bad thing if we no longer existed. Sometimes I wonder about space
travel, the idea that someday humans will escape this rock and spread
themselves throughout the universe. I’m not sure that would be such a good
thing, a plague upon everything. Who knows. Simply random rantings of a madman.
No comments:
Post a Comment