How long before you move forward

 I think I should attempt to answer an unanswerable question. Partly because I'm having a PTSD induced time right now and I'm having a work avoidance moment because of it. 

I have seen the question before, people who have been in shitty relationships for 20 or more years saying its been over a year, when will I move past it. 

OK, first, some parts of trauma stay with us for the rest of our lives but the question I think that is really being asked is what is the average time before you lift your head up, and really start to move forward. It's sure different for everyone but I would say, a lot of the time its 5 years. I'm not saying you will be feeling great in 5 years, this is a point where the healing has got to a stage where you feel like you can step back into the world. 

So if it's been a year or 2 years and you are still feeling like shit, thats ok, it's normal. 

.

Fuck, why am I even posting this? Reality is I'm in a PTSD meltdown over something minor and its been 6 years. 

I'm a big fucking mess some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment