Ramblings of a mad man

 That dam cursor on a blank page, flashing at me. Blink, blink.

.
I learned something a few years ago. I found an anchor. Something to hold me in this world, because, honestly, checking out would have been a preferred option. I consider my daughter each time and what it would do to her. And so long as she’s here, so am I. Find your anchor and hold tight during the storms that threaten to rip you to pieces. Storms pass and they turn into waves instead.
.
Humans are such adaptable creatures. I saw a woman once with no arms changing her baby’s nappy, her feet had adjusted and she was doing so well, probably better than a lot of people with hands. Our minds adapt too. After Polli died I wanted company so badly. It hurt being alone. 6 years later I have found I have adapted. Happy to be alone now. In fact I prefer it. The more time alone the more I find I can simply be me. Now the idea of someone else, it seems like something difficult to cope with. Not that I have much choice LOL.
.
My thoughts are so scattered tonight, It’s hard to grasp them.
.
Alan Parsons playing right now, when I’m old and wise. Being young, we had so much enthusiasm, but we were also a touch stupid. Now, the enthusiasm has waned but replaced with experience. Gotta live to know things. I guess even the stupid things were needed. So long as you learn from them right? Done with the crazy though. Ready for peace now. One day. One day I’ll have it.
.
Maybe I’m still just a silly old fool. Then again, they say if you sit and listen to the rantings of a mad man eventually you will hear an extraordinary truth. Maybe one day I’ll tell that truth too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment