6 years ago today I took this photo, I walked into the building behind me in the morning a married man, I stepped out of hospice a widow. It’s been a hell of a time dear reader. Quite an adjustment, I have changed, changed a lot. I have grown, I think I am more than who I was. Change and growth I never wanted but sometimes we have no choice.

I don’t consider myself the greatest dad, but I know my daughter won’t be in therapy in 10 years complaining about me, I think that’s a win. She’s grown up knowing she matters, I have given her what I can.

I have met some awesome people on the way, some… not so awesome. Good and bad, that’s life though isn’t it.

To you out there. I hope life treats you well, I hope there is more good than bad. And if that’s not the case remember life is always changing, the bad will not last forever. If you still have someone you love, go give them a hug, you never know when it’s going to be the last time. We are all a moment away from our final day.

Love, love so well that when you get hurt, and you will, there’s no escaping it. Make sure that you loved so well the pain was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment