Times change things end

Today the old trampoline was taken away. The mat was stuffed, the pads had dissolved and the springs had rusted. The swingset was long busted and they took that too.
I went back up the back of the property this evening. I sat on the remains of a seat I had made for my wife (it too is dissolving). I haven't sat there for some time. She used to sit there while our daughter played on the trampoline or swings. It had a small shade canopy, sometimes she would lay down and doze.
I became overwhelmed for a while. My eyes tried to leak. Sometimes I wish I could go back to simpler times. Back when I had ambitions. When I had a family who I loved and who loved me back.
My daughter didn't even look when they were taken away. She was too busy playing computer games.
And my wife, well, shes been dead 3 years now.
Everything comes to an end. Everything. If its a good thing I hope it lasts. If its bad, I hope it ends quickly for you.
Life is short. Cherish the good, move on from the bad.
And please. Everyone. Just be kind to each other, ok?




No comments:

Post a Comment