"man up"

To "man up". The art of putting your emotions away. Driving them down and locking them up. I used to be able to do that. Sure, the bruxism was a bit of an annoying side effect but it worked. I could carry on through massive stress. I was considered management material. When things were bad I would man up and deal with it.

Then I got sick. Real sick.

The irony of my illness is that stress makes me sick. And then I get stressed that I'm sick. And so I get sicker.

I had to learn to let the stress go. It was a combination of trying not to care about work and not letting people get to me. Followed through with allowing myself to have emotions.

The problem now is that with recent events the emotions are sucking me down. And I forgot how to turn them off.

How did I do it? How did I turn them off?




Pink Floyd.........
There must have been a door there in the wall, when I came in.




No comments:

Post a Comment