Recovery is a wild, chaotic ride.
I’ve spent years pushing through stress, pain, pressure, and survival mode. I never really had the time or energy to feel much – I was just trying to keep going.
Now that I’ve finally stopped… everything is coming back at once.
One minute I’m sad, the next I’m angry, then suddenly calm, then my sex drive switches back on out of nowhere. It’s four seasons in one day, every day. It can feel like I’m falling apart.
But here’s what I’m learning:
When you live under long-term stress, your body shuts down anything “non-essential” just to get you through. Emotions, libido, reflection – they all get pushed aside.
When the pressure finally lifts, the nervous system basically says:
“Now it’s safe. Now we can feel what we couldn’t before.”
And it all comes flooding back.
It’s messy.
It’s loud.
It’s overwhelming.
But it’s also part of healing.
This isn’t a breakdown.
It’s a thawing out.
I know this will be a long road – probably years to undo the damage I’ve done by pushing too hard. I may never fully get my old self back. But it’s still a journey of healing, and I’ve finally turned and faced that road.
It’s a wild, chaotic ride and I’m hanging on with everything I have. It won’t always be fun… but the destination might just be worth it.
If you’re going through this too: you’re not crazy, and you’re not alone. Sometimes the road back to yourself is chaotic – but it means you’re finally coming back.
No comments:
Post a Comment