Despair Demon

 

The despair demon looked at me through slitted eyes.

“I have shown you your deepest hurt. Yet you smile, “it hissed.

“Thank you” I said. “It’s been a while since I saw my wife, and it was great to see my mother again”.

“But, seeing them again should have broken you” It almost howled.

I spoke gently, “Oh demon, I know illusions and I know reality. I accepted their passing long ago. It hurts, true, but it happened. And you know. I would have done it again. I don’t regret that love. All things come to pass”.

The demon was shrinking back, as if it was in pain. “Human, I will simply show you more, more of the truth of your life”.

“Go ahead” I replied “I have already been through it all and faced it, many, many times. You think I haven’t replayed it all, over and over again”?

The demon was scared now. “What are you?”

“Simple” I said. “I am me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment