Her birthday

 

Don’t be sad. This is not a sad post.

Today would have been my wife’s birthday. I would have had a day out planned, we would have done her favorite things, gone to favorite places. Or done something new, there would have been cake, with candles.

And I don’t want you to be sad that it’s gone.

I want you to know that I had that. I was the lucky one who had someone that let me dote on her on those special days. I got her a small bunch of flowers on valentines day, I made her breakfast in bed and took her out on mothers day. I don’t care that it was commercial crap. I did it and I loved doing it. Sure, I cared for her on all the other days too. But an excuse to go all out was great.

Nothing lasts forever. I will never have that again. Maybe one day I will have something else. Maybe there will be similar things. Who knows, que sera sera, what will be will be.

But don’t be sad that I lost it. Be happy for me, because I had it.

No comments:

Post a Comment