A heritage weekend and permissions

We hadn’t been together long. It was a big weekend in our city, people from all over the place were there for a huge heritage festival. We had just finished looking at the classic cars and had stopped to grab some food for the evening, her phone dinged, she looked down and exclaimed excitedly “my friends bought their car to town and want to meet up with me, do you have anything planned?”
“Nope,” I said, “nothing interesting, where are they? I can drop you off. “ she told me where they were and I took her to them. I said, “do you need a ride home later or will you be dropped off?” Her friend looked at me and she said “we can take her for a drive and drop her home later, that’s if you give your permission of course”

She said later she loved my response, which was to get confused and switch into aspie mode for a moment. “Why would she need my permission? She does whatever she wants, so long as I can understand what’s happening so I can have it in my mind I’m good.”

I forgot about her ex, being controlling. Narcs are like that. Give her freedom, another gift.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment