New Years eve

 

So, the earth revolves around the sun once again.

Been a hell of a year. Been saying that every year for some time. Holding on. Still, harsh times bring good lessons. Just a pity about the delivery of those lessons right?

We all have goals, so many are different. Some it’s a better job, some it’s a new car, or a home. Maybe you want a quality relationship. All are fine goals. None are wrong. Please don’t belittle people just because their priorities are different. Mine was for that last relationship. The one that would take me to my end. Now, I don’t know, the longer I spend alone, the more I become used to it. I seem to swing back and forward. Wanting it and then thinking maybe I can’t do it anymore.

Who knows. I get told stop looking and the right one comes along. Then I get told that not looking and I miss opportunities. That’s the world all over isn’t it? One side or another, black or white. Night or day.

Balance, that’s what we need to try for. Care for her, hold her close but make sure she has freedom too. Balance.
Balance while I am a man of conflicts.
I have been called a Pleasure Dom. Label is ill fitting. I will not inflict pain on a woman.
Been called Strong yet tender
Brave but I have anxiety
A deep thinker. I cannot tell you what color underwear I am wearing.
An open book, but only if you can figure out the right things to ask. Otherwise this book slams shut.

Pink Floyd playing “all in all it was all just bricks in the wall” I guess that’s all of us isn’t it? Created by our experiences. Just have to decide what you will build from those bricks. I hope next year your bricks are light, that you can build beauty from them. That at the end of next year you can look back and see how far you have come.

I remain,

The Modern Gentleman.

No comments:

Post a Comment