Goodnight Ronald

Well Ronald. Looks like your time has come. You have found a good place to go. Under the grape vine. It's getting cold. Night is falling. Good. It will help you ease off into your forever sleep. You are comfortable. No pain. I'm glad. Didn't want to take you to the vet. You get to go on your own terms. I don't know if you can hear me talk. But I will anyway, so you know I'm here. Not going to reach out. I want you to sleep. Make it easier. 
You never did take Pollis death well. You were her cat. Even though you sometimes sat with me watching tv. You charmed the nurses when polli had to have dressing changes climbing up on her before they started. Resting upside down. You knew you couldn't move while it was being done and you stayed there for 45 mins each time. 
Your breathing is a bit rapid. Occasional twitches. "It's ok Ronald" I'm telling him, "You can go".
My phone is going flat now. Needs charging. I have a blanket. I'll watch over Ronald a bit longer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment