Harsh times bring on harsher times

 Well, it's a shit show right now. I knew my biggest client was going to drop me but I hoped, you know? Hoped it wouldn't happen. So there goes 1/3rd of my income. That's after I lost half of it a few years ago. I don't even earn minimum wage anymore. All I have to show for it is $12,000 in credit card debt. No longer the celebrated top IT person in the country. 

My health is shit. It's getting worse. I can only do a few hours work before needing to stop. I'm trying to get hospitals etc to listen. But I'm just a number, a simple statistic. So I go on to the waiting list and hope I live long enough to attend their appointments. 

And now, someone has turned up. Dear reader, she's kind, intelligent, caring and I'm going to say it. Real pretty too. Logical me kicks in, sees the logistics. She's stuck there, I am stuck here. Close, but not close enough. 

Fuck you life. Give me a break. Come on. 

I know, It's always darkest right before the dawn n shit. But fuck me. This is just too much. 


Gotta stay, for my daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment