Good night Mr Barkington

It's peaceful out here. I can hear the waves crashing down at the ocean. 

Thank you for being there Mr Barkington when my world crashed. You stuck with me no matter what. And even gave me hugs when you didn't really like them. 

I think I did alright by you. You lived your best possible life. Got to be the crazy dog. I thought you were bullet proof. Unstoppable. No one knew about that tumor beside your heart. Now its burst and the vet says there's nothing that can be done.  But he assured me you are in no pain.

You have picked your place. I won't make you move. It's your right to go out on your terms. Damn its cold out here. Im not leaving though. Together until the end. 

That's what mates do .

It's over. You are gone. Good night,  you were a good boy. You were the best dog you could be.



No comments:

Post a Comment