I’m just a soul whose intentions are good.
-The animals
They say you should never meet your heroes because you will
be disappointed. I had an admin of a page message me one day. We struck up a
conversation and talked for a few months. She told me that first time she put
it off because she felt intimidated. Talking to “the” Modern Gentleman. Maybe that’s
my problem, the few women who talk to me have this elevated idea of who I am.
I’m different it’s true. My mind works differently.
Aspergers they call it. Or High Functioning autistic, or autistic. Even the
experts can’t agree on what the hell we are but seriously, I’m not anyone
amazing. In fact I’m quite an awkward person. If you ever meet me I can tell
you that I will be a mess, I will get things wrong but I will try, if you tell
me what works and what doesn’t I can work towards it. I guess that’s one great
thing about not fitting in with societal norms, I can change a number of aspects
of my mind. Only a few things I can’t change, mainly things revolving around my
hypersensitivity. I care though. I care deeply and I try.
I just hope that one day someone will see past my
awkwardness, forgive me for my mistakes and gently guide me the right way (I
have figured out a lot already). I have a lot to offer. To you out there, if
you can and want to, come join me in my world. It’s a bit weird but it’s a good
place. It has kindness, love and dad jokes. Oh, and Mr Barkington too.
No comments:
Post a Comment