I am sitting here musing on what you have said.
I want to say you can trust me, but that's just words.
I think of the book Polli wrote on toxic relationships and the kind things she said about me.
I think of introducing you to exes who will tell you I am an idiot, but a good person.
I think of introducing you to a woman who I helped extract from an abusive relationship and watched as she bloomed into a new relationship, (come to think of it more than one).
But I know your hurt runs deep. And all they can give you also are just words.
So I won't do any of that. Maybe something will happen one day. Maybe it won't.
So here is the best I can offer right now. I accept you for who you are. I accept that I am not and cannot be who you want or need me to be. I am me, full of flaws and my own set of issues, I will not hide that fact. If friends are all we can be then I will accept that.
You are a neat person. And will be a good friend I hope. I WILL mess up. I WILL get things wrong. When I do, please tell me so (preferably gently) so that I may learn. It's ok to say "you are being a dick".
Oh, and thank you for being you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment