My greatest fight

I fought so hard to keep my wife in this world.
Went without sleep, trashed the savings and the credit cards.
Sanity? That went somewhere along the way.
I pushed my own body until it was breaking. Literally. I was losing blood because my body was opening up. I once went blind for 30 mins. I refused to stop.
I spent all my spare time helping her or researching and learning.

Sometimes you do everything you can. Everything. But its not good enough. Then you are left wondering if there was more.

I hope, I truly hope I can find someone to love again. Someone I can love and who will love me in return. Someone with that little bit of crazy.

Makes me feel guilty wanting it though.

One day.

Until then I have to try to keep going. More fights. Can I prevail?



No comments:

Post a Comment